TV Ratings: 'Big Brother' Wins Again, 'Last Comic Standing' Hits Low
The CBS reality show drives another victory — while "NY Med" returns to ABC, down in the demo but with its most-watched episode to date.
Thursday brought another win for Big Brother. CBS' summer reality hit, airing its Thursday debut of 2014, averaged a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers. That's up from last year's entry in the time period and steady in the demo with Wednesday's return.
Both Hell's Kitchen (1.7 adults) and Gang Related (0.8 adults) were even on Fox, giving the network second-place status in the demo.
Over on ABC, Black Box (0.6 adults) fell more, while Rookie Blue (0.8 adults) dropped three-tenths of a point from last week's season opener. NY Med, enjoying its most-watched episode to date (5.5 million viewers), averaged a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 — down three-tenths of a point from its premiere two summers ago.
Back-to-back episodes of Undateable (0.8 adults) were steady with last week on NBC, while Last Comic Standing (1.0 adults) dropped off four-tenths of a point to a series low.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)