TV Ratings: Blake Shelton's 'Christmas' Debuts Strong After 'The Voice'
With nearly all programs down from the previous Monday, the country singer's holiday special nearly matches "Revolution's" most recent score in the time slot, and ABC fizzles without "Dancing With the Stars."
Blake Shelton is nearly as big of a draw as Revolution. The country singer and The Voice star's holiday special Blake Shelton's Not So Family Christmas performed almost as well as the NBC drama when it aired in its time slot Monday night. Following a two-hour semifinals broadcast of The Voice (down 7 percent to a 3.9 rating with adults 18-49), the 10 p.m. show pulled a 2.8 rating with 18-49-ers. That's only off one tenth of a point from Revolution's winter finale. NBC averaged a 3.5 adults rating and 11 million viewers.
CBS placed second in the demo (2.7 adults rating) and total viewers (8.9 million viewers), with all series down from the previous week. How I Met Your Mother (3.0 adults) was down 9 percent, while 2 Broke Girls (3.5 adults) and Mike & Molly (3.1 adults) took larger hits, dropping 15 and 14 percent, respectively. Hawaii Five-0 was only off a tenth of a point, pulling a 2.2 rating with adults 18-49.
Bones turned 150 episodes old on Fox, dropping 21 percent from the previous week to a 1.9 rating in the demo. The Mob Doctor, not long for Monday nights, also took a big hit; it was down to a 0.8 rating with adults 18-49, a 27 percent drop. Fox averaged a 1.4 adults rating and 5.3 million viewers.
With Dancing With the Stars off the schedule until midseason, two broadcasts of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition did not fill its ratings void. A special outing at 8 p.m. pulled just a 0.9 adults rating, while the 9 p.m. episode dropped 15 percent to a 1.1 in the demo. Castle hit a series low at 10 p.m., also falling 15 percent to a 1.7 adults rating. ABC netted a 1.2 adults rating and 5.7 million viewers.
90210 hit 100 episodes on The CW, even with last week's 0.5 adults rating. Gossip Girl also was steady, earning a 0.4 rating in the demo. The CW averaged a 0.4 adults rating and 917,000 viewers.
Univision had a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 for Monday night.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!