TV Ratings: Bravo's Sunday Thrives Without Zombie Competition
The network hits season highs with "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and "Watch What Happens Live," topping cable on Sunday in the absence of AMC's "The Walking Dead."
If you're not in the NFL or fighting the living dead, it can be hard to get attention on Sunday night. But with AMC's The Walking Dead now off the air until Feb. 9, the battle for non-sporting eyeballs just got a lot more interesting.
During the first Sunday in two months without The Walking Dead, cable crowned a new victor, Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta. The most successful installment of the reality franchise hit a season high, improving 21 percent in adults 18-49 for 2.1 million in the key demo. That's a 1.7 rating. Among total viewers, the show improved 22 percent for 3.7 million, another season high.
Bravo topped the night in the key demo across cable, the first Sunday it has held that distinction since April 7. At 9 p.m., Shahs of Sunset also was at a high with 1.97 million and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49. (Freshman Fashion Queens pulled 766,000 adults 18-49 and 1.4 million viewers -- both up 22 percent to series highs.)
Still, Bravo's biggest growth came outside primetime. Andy Cohen talker Watch What Happens Live pulled season highs with 1.9 million viewers and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (0.8 rating) -- growth of 21 and 41 percent, respectively.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'