August 26, 2011 9:30am PT by Philiana Ng
TV Ratings: CBS' 'Big Brother' Ties Season High
There's no quitting with Big Brother.
The CBS summer staple drew its largest audience since September 2007, with 8.5 million total viewers tuning in to see both Daniele and Jeff leave the Big Brother house for jury. The latest episode also tied its season high in the ad-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, averaging a 3.2 rating. With the strength of Big Brother's ratings performance, CBS easily topped the night in both viewers (7.2 million) and the demo (2.2).
Expedition: Impossible (5.2 million, 1.5) aired its season finale, up 15 percent from the previous week. Rookie Blue (5.1 million, 1.3) also improved 8 percent, while Wipeout (6.7 million, 1.9) remained steady. Worthy of note, CBS repeats at 8 p.m. of The Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement topped Wipeout in the demo. As the network with a complete lineup of originals, ABC placed second in viewers (5.7 million) and the demo (1.5), behind CBS.
NBC, Fox and the CW aired repeats.
* Wipeout: 1.9, 6.7 million
* Expedition: Impossible finale: 1.5, 5.2 million
* Rookie Blue: 1.3, 5.1 million
* Bones: 1.0, 4 million
* Bones: 1.2, 4.5 million
NBC -- 0.9
* Community (R): 0.9, 2.9 million
* Parks & Recreation (R): 0.9, 2.5 million
* The Office (R): 1.1, 3 million
* 30 Rock (R): 1.0, 2.7 million
* Law & Order: SVU (R): 0.9, 3.2 million