TV Ratings: CBS Daytime Gets a Cold-Weather Lift
Another polar vortex and catastrophic snowstorms result in series highs for "The Talk" and "Let's Make a Deal," while the entire lineup grows to a eight-year high.
The cold weather might be posing problems for much of the U.S., but it appears that many are cozying up to their TVs during the afternoon. CBS' daytime lineup just brought in its biggest weekly audience in more than eight years.
For the week ending Feb. 2, CBS averaged 4.8 million viewers -- the network's largest weekly viewership since December 2005. Among the targeted women 25-54 demo, CBS averaged a 1.6 rating. That marks a nearly four-year high, its best showing since February 2010.
The biggest winners were The Talk and Let's Make a Deal 1 and 2, which posted series-high weeks with a respective 3.2 million, 3.7 million and 4.2 million viewers. (Let's Make a Deal, like The Price Is Right, typically turns in a much stronger second half-hour, ratingswise.)
As for The Price Is Right, with 6.1 million viewers for its first half-hour and 7.1 million in the second, the top game show brought in its best numbers since 2004.
Soap operas The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless also saw highs, with their best weekly audiences since 2007 and 2008, respectively. The Bold and the Beautiful averaged 4.2 million viewers, while TV's top soap The Young and the Restless scored 5.7 million.
January's frigid temps and rising snow have been a boon elsewhere in daytime. Many syndicated series just hit season highs as well.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing