TV Ratings: CBS Encores Lead Night, Charlie Brown's 'Happy New Year' Grows
A slow holiday Thursday gives bragging rights to a "Big Bang Theory" repeat, which topped the night in the key demo and total viewers.
Encores from CBS' usual Thursday lineup topped broadcast TV on Thursday night, giving the network a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.6 million viewers. Prior to repeats of Two and a Half Men, Person of Interest and Elementary, a Big Bang Theory rerun brought in the night's best demo showing across networks with a 3.3 rating.
ABC aired the last of its seasonal Peanuts specials, Happy New Year, Charlie Brown, at 8 p.m. The cartoon was up a tenth of a point from last year to a 1.2 rating among 18-49-ers. With encores of Grey's Anatomy and Scandal, the network averaged a 0.9 adults rating and 3.6 million viewers.
Also in repeats, NBC brought in a 0.8 adults rating and 2.6 million viewers with episodes of 30 Rock, Up All Night, The Office, Parks and Recreation and Rock Center With Brian Williams.
Fox had another comedy marathon with The Mindy Project. The four repeats averaged a 0.7 adults rating and 1.8 million viewers.
The Vampire Diaries and Beauty and the Beast, both in encores, brought The CW a 0.4 adults rating and 994,000 viewers.
Univision, besting all but CBS in the key demo, averaged a 1.7 rating with adults 18-49.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR