TV Ratings: CBS' 'I Love Lucy' Christmas Special Leads Friday
With few original outings for the evening, CBS and ABC split the demo -- as "The Carrie Diaries" grows and "Hawaii Five-0" holds steady.
CBS' colorized broadcast of the I Love Lucy Christmas special kicked off Friday evening with the top showing among adults 18-49. The one-hour episode of the classic comedy averaged a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49. Hawaii Five-0 (1.2 adults) held the previous week's score, and Blue Bloods (1.1 adults) dropped a tenth. CBS topped the night with total viewers (9.4 million) and shared a demo victory with ABC (1.2 adults).
Shark Tank repeats led into a new episode of 20/20 on ABC. With a 1.2 adults rating, the series came two-tenths of a point shy of last week. ABC averaged a 1.2 adults and 5.3 million viewers.
NBC's annual broadcast of It's a Wonderful Life averaged a 1.1 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.4 million viewers.
Fox had its own Christmas special (Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown) after a Bones encore, averaging a 0.7 adults rating and 2.6 million viewers for the night.
On the CW, The Carrie Diaries (0.3 adults) improved a tenth from last week, while Nikita (0.2 adults) held its most recent score. The CW averaged a 0.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 808,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR