TV Ratings: CBS Lineup Surges, 'Take It All' Opens Well, American Country Awards Drop
The Eye wins its first Monday of the season with the key demo and total viewers, while "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" jumps on ABC.
With growth throughout the night, CBS took home its first Monday victory in both adults 18-49 (3.3 rating) and total viewers (10.6 million) for the 2012 season last night. And though Monday Night Football aired on CBS' Houston affiliate, final adjustments won't be enough to take away its win. How I Met Your Mother saw the least growth (6 percent), rising to a 3.3 adults rating, before 2 Broke Girls (4.0 adults) jumped 14 percent. A special second episode of the show was up 11 percent from last week with a 3.9 adults rating. Hawaii Five-0 was up 17 percent to a 2.7 adults rating, easily winning the 10 p.m. hour.
The Voice, just an hour long, led NBC's lineup with a 3.8 adults rating -- down a tenth of a point from last week. The debut of the weeklong game show Howie Mandel's Take It All fared well on NBC. The 2.2 adults rating marked a 47 percent jump from last December's comparable premiere, Who's Still Standing? At 10 p.m., Michael Buble Christmas: Home for the Holidays proved far less of a draw than Blake Shelton's Christmas special last Monday. It pulled a 1.4 adults rating, giving NBC a 2.5 average in the demo for the night and 8.4 million viewers.
On ABC, special broadcasts of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.3 and 1.5 adults ratings) jumped from the previous week, rising 44 and 55 percent at 8 and 9 p.m., respectively. An encore of Castle finished off the night, giving the network an overall adults rating of 1.4 and 5.6 million viewers.
The American Country Awards were down from 2011 on Fox. The two-hour show fell 30 percent to a 1.4 adults rating, and brought in an average 5.1 million viewers.
Both 90210 (0.6 adults) and Gossip Girl (0.5 adults) were up on The CW, rising a respective one-tenth and two-tenths. The network averaged a 0.5 adults rating and 1.1 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 for the night, besting both ABC and Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'