TV Ratings: CBS Tops New Year's Wednesday Repeats
Driven by an encore of "Criminal Minds," the network scores a victory in the key demo and among total viewers.
Without an original program airing across the broadcast networks on the first evening of 2014, CBS inched ahead of ABC for a nightly demo win with an average 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. An encore of Criminal Minds was the network's top performer, helping give it an easy advantage among total viewers with 6.6 million for the night.
A Modern Family repeat topped all programs for the night on ABC, giving the network an average 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers.
NBC followed with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating and 2.9 million viewers, while Fox pulled a 0.6 adults rating and 1.7 million viewers.
The CW, also in repeats, brought in a 0.3 rating in the key demo and 1.1 million viewers.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)