TV Ratings: CBS Wins Sleepy Thanksgiving Eve, NBC Previews 'Sound of Music'
"Survivor," "Criminal Minds" and "CSI" top the night as specials and encores pull small numbers.
The broadcast networks suffered the obligatory drops that come with the busiest travel day of the year, as viewership dropped significantly on Thanksgiving Eve.
CBS boasted wide margins of victory, averaging a 2.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 10.2 million viewers for the night, winning every hour. Survivor (2.2 adults) and Criminal Minds (2.4 adults) saw dips of three- and four-tenths of a point, while CSI (2.0 adults) was within a tenth of a point of last week.
NBC prepped for next week's The Sound of Music Live! with a making-of special. It averaged a 1.0 rating with adults 18-49, not quite up to the strong Saturday Night Live clip show (1.6 adults) that followed. The network had a 1.4 adults rating and 4.9 million viewers for the night.
The X Factor (1.2 adults) dropped half a point from last week, averaging 4.9 million viewers for the network.
ABC, airing encores, took a 0.8 adults rating and 3.6 million viewers for the night. And The CW, with Planes, Trains and Automobiles, took a 0.5 adults and 1.8 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR