TV Ratings: CMT Music Awards Just Shy of Record With 3 Million Viewers
The cable net's country kudos-cast improves 10 percent from last year, nearly matching the high set in 2010.
The CMT Music Awards, the marquee event in the cable net's calendar, returned Wednesday night near franchise highs.
About 3 million viewers tuned into the country kudos-cast, up 10 percent from the year prior and within a hair of the 3.1 million high set by 2010's show.
Again hosted by Kristen Bell, the show averaged a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. Skewing younger than last year, the show also brought all-time highs with women 18-34.
CMT used the show to help promote freshman reality success Party Down South. Now the network's most-watched original series, the Southern spin on Jersey Shore returns June 5.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)