TV Ratings: Cotton Bowl Scores on Fox, 'Grimm' Rises
Broadcast coverage of the Missouri-Oklahoma State game leads Friday, with NBC and ABC sharing second-place status.
Preliminary returns for Friday's Cotton Bowl coverage on Fox give the network an easy nightly win. The game, which saw Missouri defeat Oklahoma State 41-31, averaged a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers -- though final numbers are subject to change.
With an all-original lineup, NBC saw Dateline (1.5 adults) rise four-tenths of a point and Grimm (1.4 adults) move up two-tenths of a point. Dracula (0.9 adults) was down by two-tenths, for a nightly average of a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.5 million viewers.
Encores led into and boosted 20/20 (1.5 adults) on ABC. The series was up four-tenths of a point from its last original, giving the network a 1.3 adults rating and 5.4 million viewers for the night.
CBS' encore block fetched a 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.5 million viewers.
On The CW, a new Carrie Diaries (0.4 adults) was up a tenth of a point. The network took a 0.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 894,000 viewers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR