TV Ratings: 'CSI' and 'Nashville' Grow, 'Modern Family' Hits Low
ABC comedies suffer season worsts, while slightly boosted procedurals give CBS a Wednesday win.
Topping among adults 18-49 (2.4 rating) and total viewers (11.1 million), CBS saw some of Wednesday night's rare growth with Criminal Minds and CSI. After a slightly dipping Survivor (2.4 adults), off just a tenth of a point, Criminal Minds (2.8 adults) improved by one-tenth and CSI (2.1 adults) grew by two-tenths of a point.
ABC saw dips across its comedy block. The Middle (2.2 adults) and Back in the Game (1.6 adults) both fell by two-tenths of a point for season lows, while Modern Family (3.3 adults) dropped a half-point to a season low and its lowest fall showing since 2009. Super Fun Night (1.9 adults) was off by a tenth, while Nashville (1.6 adults) gave the network some growth -- up a tenth from last week. The network averaged a 2.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.9 million viewers.
A two-hour X Factor drew a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.5 million viewers. In the key demo, that's off just a tenth of a point from last week's Wednesday performance.
Revolution (1.4 adults) fell by a tenth, back to the relatively steady low it's maintained since early October. Law & Order: SVU (1.6 adults) and Dateline (1.1 adults) were both steady, giving NBC a 1.3 rating in the demo and 5.3 million viewers for the night.
Arrow (0.9 adults) dropped three-tenths of a point on The CW, while The Tomorrow People (0.6 adults) held its most recent score -- averaging a 0.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.1 million viewers for the network.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Jared Leto Is Stressed About His Potential Oscar Speech
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)