TV Ratings: David Blaine Special Lifts ABC, Steady 'NCIS' Drives Dominant CBS
UPDATED: The special "Real or Magic?" recoups losses in the alphabet net's vacant 10 p.m. time slot, while the "Thor" tie-in on "SHIELD" brings only a modest boost.
CBS, dominant in viewers (15.5 million) and the key demo (2.5 rating among adults 18-49) on Tuesday night, saw an even NCIS (3.0 adults) lead scripted fare across the broadcast nets. NCIS: Los Angeles (2.5 adults) improved by a tenth of a point from last week, while Person of Interest (2.0 adults) held last week's score.
Another Tuesday outing for The Voice led the night, though the series was down another three-tenths of a point for a 3.1 adults rating -- a fall Tuesday low. NBC started the night with a steady Biggest Loser (1.8 adults), while Voice lead-out Chicago Fire (1.9 adults) was also off three-tenths of a point from last week for a season low. The network averaged a 2.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 8.3 million viewers.
Agents of SHIELD saw no big boost from its Thor tie-in episode, improving a tenth of a point to a 2.3 rating with adults 18-49. The Goldbergs (1.6 adults) was off by a tenth of a point from last week, leading into 90-minute special David Blaine: Real or Magic? The program fetched a 2.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.6 million viewers, besting all other ABC offerings for the night, and giving the network a nightly average of a 2.3 adults rating and 6.9 million viewers.
On Fox, both Dads (1.3 adults) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (1.5 adults) were slightly improved from last week, up a tenth of a point. New Girl (1.7 adults) held its series low, leading into a low for The Mindy Project (1.2 adults) -- which was down two-tenths of a point from last week. Fox averaged a 1.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.1 million viewers.
With no new Originals, The CW aired a Lady Gaga album release special (0.3 adults) and a somewhat softened Supernatural (0.9 adults), the latter down two-tenths from last week. The network averaged a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.4 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack