TV Ratings: Daytime Emmys Down, Miss USA Pageant Up Double Digits
NBC's Miss USA Pageant matched its highest 18-49 rating since 2005.
Sunday night's 38th annual Daytime Emmy Awards sank from last year's telecast.
While CBS' Bold and the Beautiful took home the top prize for the third straight year in a row at the Las Vegas ceremony, the Daytime Emmys (5.5 million total viewers, 0.8 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic) were down 27 percent. (Last year's telecast aired an hour later, from 9-11 p.m.)
NBC's Miss USA Pageant (7.3 million, 2.2), which saw Miss California victorious, rose 57 percent compared to last year's telecast. Miss USA Pageant matched its highest 18-49 rating since 2005 and its biggest overall audience since 2007. NBC topped the night in the demo (1.8) and viewers (6.6 million) with Fox second in the demo (1.3).
Ratings Bottom Line: Daytime slips, but Miss USA doesn't.
Total viewers winner: Daytime Emmys (CBS), 5.3 million
18-49 demo winner: The Simpsons/The Cleveland Show (Fox), 1.5
Total viewers winner: Miss USA Pageant (NBC), 6.6 million
18-49 demo winner: Miss USA Pageant (NBC), 2.0
Total viewers winner: Miss USA Pageant (NBC), 7.9 million
18-49 demo winner: Miss USA Pageant (NBC), 2.4
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR