TV Ratings: Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears Score for ESPN
The "Monday Night Football" game is the second-best rated game of the year, according to very preliminary numbers.
Early ratings for Monday Night Football's Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears are in.
In Chicago, the game delivered a 18.7 household rating on ESPN, and a 13.3 household for WCIU, for a combined 32.0 rating in the market.
In Detroit, the game rated a 10.7 household on ESPN and 25.7 on WXYZ, with a combined 36.4 ratting in the market.
The Lions beat the Bears 24-13.
The average metered market rating was 11.3. If that holds after final numbers are in, it will be the second best rated game of the year for ESPN, behind Washington - Dallas two weeks ago.
It beats the season opener of New England - Miami, which rated a 10.6 household.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR