TV Ratings: Dr. Seuss' 'Grinch' Drives ABC's Christmas Win
Encores, basketball overrun and more holiday specials fill the broadcast networks on Tuesday night.
Scoring the night's strongest average among adults 18-49 (2.0 rating), ABC aired Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1.7) after a strong lead-in from NBA overrun (2.6). The network placed second among total viewers with 5.4 million for the night.
CBS aired encores of its regular Tuesday lineup -- NCIS, NCIS: LA, Vegas -- for a second-place showing in the demo (1.3 adults) and a dominant haul with total viewers (8.1 million).
Airing a less seasonal Seuss, NBC had Horton Hears a Who (1.1 adults) before another encore of Blake Shelton's Not So Family Christmas (0.7 adults). The network pulled a 0.9 rating in the demo and 2.9 million viewers.
A block of New Girl encores fetched Fox a 0.6 adults rating and 1.6 million viewers.
On The CW, a new Emily Owens M.D. (0.1 adults) followed a Hart of Dixie repeat for an average 0.2 demo rating for the night and 689,000 viewers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR