TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Finale Dips Against World Series
Facing tougher broadcast opposition from the young fall season and Major League Baseball on Fox, A&E's reality hit rakes in 8.4 million viewers.
Breaking another one of its own ratings records seemed unlikely for Duck Dynasty, with game one of the World Series topping the evening and the recently launched fall broadcast net lineup providing much stiffer competition, but the A&E hit closed out its fourth run with 8.4 million viewers.
Among adults 18-49, Duck Dynasty averaged a 3.5 rating among adults 18-49 -- easily besting all TV broadcasts for the night, the World Series excluded.
That's a week-to-week improvement for the show -- 7.3 million tuned in last week -- but it comes in 1.2 million viewers shy of the most recent season ender in April.
Duck Dynasty returned to 11.8 million viewers back in August, an equally impressive 6.3 million of them adults 18-49. At the time it marked the third record set by the series in 2013, as Dynasty has steadily climbed on A&E throughout its two-and-a-half-year run.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)