TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Finale Ticks Up, Beats All But 'Modern Family'
Still far off from the record highs of yore, and the least-watched ender since the first season, the A&E series places second across all of Wednesday TV -- beating "American Idol" by 15 percent.
What goes up must come down -- and occasionally go back up again. The season finale of Duck Dynasty, while nowhere near the series' record highs, was one of the biggest demo performers on all of TV on Wednesday night.
Season five wrapped with 6 million total viewers, up 28 percent from last week's low. That's 2.5 million viewers shy of the January season opener, but on par with its average season performance.
Duck Dynasty also showed that it continues to be a big contender in the adults 18-49 demographic. Up 33 percent from last week's score showing, Duck Dynasty averaged 3.2 million adults under 50. Only Modern Family topped that number, making it the No. 2 show on TV and easily cable's top performer.
Cranking out to a 2.5 rating in the key demo, Duck Dynasty beat out American Idol (2.1 adults) and Survivor (2.3 adults).
Down but not out, Duck Dynasty is still cable's No. 1 reality series with total viewers and adults 18-49. The show heads back to A&E this summer.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)