TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Tops 'American Idol' With Record-Breaking Finale
UPDATED: The A&E reality series outperforms all of Wednesday's cable and broadcast series in the targeted adults 18-49 demo --- and pulls in nearly 10 million total viewers.
Duck Dynasty shows no signs of slowing. The A&E series' season finale drew a record 9.6 million viewers during its one-hour episode -- and an equally impressive 5.5 million adults 18-49.
That haul in the key demo puts it ahead of all of cable and broadcast offerings for the night -- including American Idol. Duck Dynasty's 4.3 rating with adults 18-49 rating tops the preliminary showing for Idol (3.2 rating) by 34 percent.
Duck Dynasty previously set a A&E record in February when it returned to 8.6 million viewers. Wednesday's episode topped the previous record by one million.
In the network's adults 25-54 demo, Duck Dynasty outperformed its 18-49 showing with an average 5.5 million viewers. It also raked in 2.6 million adults 18-34.
The show, which has seen its bearded stars negotiating for a pay increase, is expected to start production on its fourth season soon -- with a premiere eyed for later in the year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR