TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Tops 'American Idol' With Record-Breaking Finale
UPDATED: The A&E reality series outperforms all of Wednesday's cable and broadcast series in the targeted adults 18-49 demo --- and pulls in nearly 10 million total viewers.
Duck Dynasty shows no signs of slowing. The A&E series' season finale drew a record 9.6 million viewers during its one-hour episode -- and an equally impressive 5.5 million adults 18-49.
That haul in the key demo puts it ahead of all of cable and broadcast offerings for the night -- including American Idol. Duck Dynasty's 4.3 rating with adults 18-49 rating tops the preliminary showing for Idol (3.2 rating) by 34 percent.
Duck Dynasty previously set a A&E record in February when it returned to 8.6 million viewers. Wednesday's episode topped the previous record by one million.
In the network's adults 25-54 demo, Duck Dynasty outperformed its 18-49 showing with an average 5.5 million viewers. It also raked in 2.6 million adults 18-34.
The show, which has seen its bearded stars negotiating for a pay increase, is expected to start production on its fourth season soon -- with a premiere eyed for later in the year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR