TV Ratings: CBS, NBC and Fox Share a Slow Tuesday
Encores, shrinking originals from "Cougar Town" and "New Girl" and a modest premiere for "Fashion Star" highlight a rather uneventful night.
No network can really claim bragging rights to Tuesday, with CBS, NBC and Fox splitting the key adults 18-49 demo with a ho-hum 1.8 rating.
The premiere of Fashion Star got a mixed reception on NBC. Running from 9:30 to 11 p.m., it averaged a 1.6 among adults 18-49, beating its competition in the demo and skirting any notable fall-off during the course of its broadcast. Still, against CBS encores and such series as Breaking In, The River and Body of Proof, expectations likely were higher. It followed an even episode of The Biggest Loser (2.0 in the demo), giving the network 5.5 million viewers for the night.
CBS aired repeats to the tune of 10.4 million viewers, easily the night's strongest audience, while Fox saw dips in its new comedy block, now in its second week.
Raising Hope pulled a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49, down from a 2.0, before I Hate My Teenage Daughter hit a new low (1.3), which dropped it below direct competition in Cougar Town. New Girl fell to a 2.7, down 10 percent from last week to a series low, and Breaking In dropped 12 percent to a 1.5 in the demo. Fox brought in 4.2 million viewers.
ABC kicked off the night with a repeat of Last Man Standing, following by another series low for Cougar Town. The comedy dropped 7 percent for a 1.4 among adults 18-49. The River fell 13 percent to a 1.3, also a low, followed by a new episode of Body of Proof, even with its recent 1.4 rating in the demo. The net averaged 5.4 million viewers and a 1.4 rating in 18-49.
On the CW, 90210 brought in a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 and Ringer dropped to a 0.4 in the demo. The net averaged 1.2 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)