TV Ratings: Figure Skating Is So-So for Sochi, 'American Idol' Hits Low
Facing the final Thursday of the Winter Olympics, the Fox show clocks an all-time low for a regularly scheduled episode.
America's ill-fated attempt at figure-skating gold headlined Thursday's Sochi coverage on NBC. Fast national ratings for the primetime block again have the Winter Olympics down from Vancouver, but by some of the smaller measures this week.
The Games averaged a 4.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.9 million viewers. Sochi heads into the weekend down 9 percent from Vancouver in total viewers with a primetime average of 22.4 million to date.
Fox saw more losses for originals facing the Olympics, most notably for American Idol. The one-hour telecast averaged a 2.4 rating in the key demo — down 8 percent from Wednesday and 20 percent from last Thursday — and currently ranks as the lowest-rated ever for a regularly scheduled episode. Rake (1.0 adults), hitting a series low, shed one-tenth of a point. It was still enough for Fox to rank second for the night with an average 1.7 rating in the key demo and 6.6 million viewers.
ABC had one original with The Taste (0.9 adults), even with last week's showing. Both CBS and The CW aired repeats.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR