TV Ratings: Preseason Football, 'Big Brother' Top Sunday
Earning its best showing since its season premiere, the CBS competition bests all other nonsports broadcasts during the encore-heavy night.
Two weeks shy of the first weekend of the NFL season, preseason football already is making its presence known on Sunday nights. Fast affiliate ratings give NBC's broadcast of the Carolina Panthers-New York Jets game a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 9 million viewers between 8:15 and 11 p.m. ET. Time-zone adjustments should see those numbers improve considerably, though NBC wins the night regardless.
Fox encores, boosted by NFL overrun, earned a second-place showing in the demo, averaging a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49. The network also brought in 4 million viewers.
CBS averaged a 1.4 adults rating and 6.4 million viewers Sunday, boosted by a strong showing from Big Brother. The reality competition pulled its highest Sunday ratings of the season, only falling shy of the July premiere in adults 18-49. It posted a 2.5 adults rating, following a new outing of 60 Minutes (1.2 adults rating).
Encores gave ABC a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR