TV Ratings: Football Leads a Quiet Thanksgiving in Primetime
UPDATED: With few series ("Glee," "X Factor") airing originals, NBC's coverage of the Patriots and the Jets tops the night.
Fast affiliate numbers give a Thanksgiving win to NBC, which averaged a 5.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 15.9 million viewers thanks to primetime's turkey day showdown between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets. The game itself posted a 6.2 adults rating, with Football Night in America earning a 3.7.
Ratings for new episodes of The X Factor and Glee are approximate and subject to significant change, skewed by 18 minutes of overage. But at it stands, the network averaged a second place 3.1 adults rating and 9.4 million viewers.
CBS encores averaged a 1.7 rating in the key demo and 6.8 million viewers, while ABC pulled a 1.2 adults rating and 4.2 million viewers. The latter had an airing of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (a 1.2 adults rating, down from Wednesday's showing and last Thanksgiving's), a Modern Family rerun and a special showing of Bad 25: Michael Jackson (1.2 adults rating).
Encores brought The CW a 0.2 rating with 18-49-ers and 819,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR