TV Ratings: Fox's 'Dance' Boosted After Even 'American Idol'
UPDATED: The summer reality series jumps with a lead-in from the first night of the "Idol" finale, which drops from last year, while CBS and the CW see mostly steady season finales.
American Idol kicked off its two-night finale steady with last week's performance show. Fast National returns give the one-hour telecast a 2.9 rating with adults 18-49. That's up four tenths of a point from last week's 8 p.m. hour showing but down significantly from last year's performance finale (4.2 adults) that aired on a Tuesday. Regardless, the lead-in was a boon for So You Think You Can Dance (2.3 adults), which grew three tenths of a point from Tuesday's 8 p.m. season premiere. Fox averaged a 2.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 9.3 million viewers.
ABC's penultimate night of originals this season saw The Middle (1.9 adults) inch up a tenth of a point before the canceled Family Tools (1.2 adults) came in even with last week. Modern Family (3.5 adults) grew by two tenths of a point, and How to Live With Your Parents (2.0 adults) came in even. Nashville (1.8 adults) was the biggest grower of the night, up two tenths of a point, though it still came in last during the 10 p.m. hour. ABC pulled a 2.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers.
After encores of 2 Broke Girls, Criminal Minds (2.5 adults) came in even with last week. The season finale of CSI (2.0 adults) won the 10 p.m. hour, but it was down two tenths of a point from last week -- and four tenths of a point from last season. CBS averaged a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers.
Following a steady Dateline (1.3 adults) on NBC, the season's penultimate Law & Order SVU (1.5 adults) dropped four tenths of a point from last week. Chicago Fire (1.9 adults), matching its season opener, rose a tenth of a point to its highest rating since the February sweep. NBC averaged a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.3 million viewers.
The CW had season finales of Arrow (0.9 adults) and Supernatural (0.9 adults). The freshman was steady with its last two originals, while Supernatural was down a tenth of a point. The network closed the night with a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.5 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack