TV Ratings: Fox's Preseason Football Tops Sunday
The finale of ABC's "Whodunnit?" gets a ratings boost.
Fox's preseason football coverage of the Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Giants matchup on Sunday easily topped broadcast in primetime.
Averaging 5.6 million total viewers in primetime, the preseason game dominated among the key advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 with a 1.9 rating. While Fox took home the victory in the key demo, CBS snagged Sunday's viewership win with a 6.3 million average.
CBS' Big Brother (6.5 million, 2.0) dropped a few tenths compared to last weekend's telecast, along with Unforgettable (4.8 million, 1.1). On the evening, CBS — still in an ongoing carriage blackout with Time Warner Cable customers in several big markets — averaged a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49.
ABC placed third on the evening in the key demo, with Secret Millionaire (4.7 million, 1.2) and the finale of Whodunnit? (3.7 million, 1.4) — hitting a series high in 18-49 — receiving ratings boosts.
NBC's rerun of America's Got Talent (2.5 million, 0.5) was steady, with the finale of Crossing Lines (2.1 million, 0.4) dipping.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)