TV Ratings: Fox's Preseason Football Tops Sunday
The finale of ABC's "Whodunnit?" gets a ratings boost.
Fox's preseason football coverage of the Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Giants matchup on Sunday easily topped broadcast in primetime.
Averaging 5.6 million total viewers in primetime, the preseason game dominated among the key advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 with a 1.9 rating. While Fox took home the victory in the key demo, CBS snagged Sunday's viewership win with a 6.3 million average.
CBS' Big Brother (6.5 million, 2.0) dropped a few tenths compared to last weekend's telecast, along with Unforgettable (4.8 million, 1.1). On the evening, CBS — still in an ongoing carriage blackout with Time Warner Cable customers in several big markets — averaged a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49.
ABC placed third on the evening in the key demo, with Secret Millionaire (4.7 million, 1.2) and the finale of Whodunnit? (3.7 million, 1.4) — hitting a series high in 18-49 — receiving ratings boosts.
NBC's rerun of America's Got Talent (2.5 million, 0.5) was steady, with the finale of Crossing Lines (2.1 million, 0.4) dipping.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack