TV Ratings: 'Fringe,' Christiane Amanpour Special Lead Quiet Friday
With all networks airing mostly encores, ABC and Fox split the night in adults 18-49.
Four nights before Christmas and little was stirring on television. Fox and ABC, the two networks airing the night's few original broadcasts, shared an extremely soft Friday with a 1.0 rating among adults 18-49.
ABC, which also led in viewers with 4.8 million, followed comedy encores with ABC News special Back to the Beginning With Christiane Amanpour (1.1 adults).
Also leading with an encore, Fox aired one of the scant remaining episodes of Fringe (1.0 adults). It was down just a tenth of a point from last week. Fox averaged 2.7 million viewers.
Dateline (0.8 adults) followed encores on NBC. The broadcast was down significantly from last week (2.0 adults), which saw viewership swell for the hour devoted to coverage of the Sandy Hook shooting. NBC averaged 4.4 million viewers.
Three back-to-back repeats of The Good Wife averaged a 0.6 adults rating and 4.1 million viewers on CBS.
Christmas specials pulled a 0.6 adults rating and 1.8 million viewers on The CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR