TV Ratings: FXX Off to Solid Start Ahead of Big Premieres
Though migrating comedies "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "The League" will prove a bigger test for the FX spinoff net, its first night sees much improvement over Fox Soccer Channel.
FXX is off and running. And though the network's big premieres, including new homes for veteran FX comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League, start rolling out on Wednesday night, initial ratings are solid.
The comedy-centric FX spinoff network launched on Monday, Labor Day, and its primetime averages were miles ahead of previous channel occupant Fox Soccer. Compared to the late sports net's September 2012 average, FXX was up 860 percent among adults 18-34 (48,000 over 5,000), 536 percent in adults 18-49 (70,000 over 11,000) and 268 percent in total viewers (81,000 over 22,000). Growth over last Labor Day was comparable, if slightly more modest.
Programming on the first day of FXX included syndicated Parks & Recreation during the day and the commercial TV premiere of Cameron Diaz vehicle Bad Teacher at 8 p.m.
The bigger test for FXX comes Wednesday night. Migrating FX properties It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League as well as talker Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell in its new nightly format will have direct ratings comparisons to their recent seasons on their original network.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack