TV Ratings: 'Glee' Returns Mostly Steady, Boosting 'New Girl'; ABC and CBS Drop
Fox's flagship comedy ends its hiatus down three-tenths but drives the network to tie NBC for a victory with adults 18-49.
Fox's Glee returned Tuesday after nearly two months off the air, dipping 10 percent from its previous original. The 2.7 rating among adults 18-49 marks a series low but dropped nearly the same percentage as TV usage has since February. The return boosted New Girl by 17 percent, tying Glee's 2.7 rating, and drove Raising Hope up to a 1.9 in the demo after its month of airing at 8 p.m.
Fox and NBC scored the same 2.5 average rating among adults 18-49.
On NBC, The Biggest Loser, The Voice results and Fashion Star all posted gains. Fashion rose the most, 20 percent, for a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49. The Voice logged a 3.5 in the demo, with Loser hitting a 2.2.
Despite seeing lows across the board, CBS notched a close 2.4 rating in the demo and a dominant 13.2 million viewers. NCIS hit a season-low 3.1 with adults 18-49, while NCIS: LA took a 23 percent hit for a series low of a 2.3 demo rating. Unforgettable was also down for a 1.8.
Last Man Standing and Cougar Town both returned to ABC, down to a respective 1.7 and 1.5 with adults 18-49. Dancing With the Stars took a steep 18 percent drop to a 2.3 demo rating, a series low for a results broadcast, and Body of Proof ended its sophomore run with a 1.9 -- the same number as ABC's 18-49 average for the night.
A repeat of 90210 posted a 0.3 with adults 18-49 on The CW, while a new Ringer earned a 0.5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10