TV Ratings: 'The Glee Project' Finale Sets Series High
The episode that saw all four finalists wind up with parts on Fox’s "Glee" becomes Oxygen's most-watched freshman series finale in total viewers.
Oxygen’s The Glee Project continued its march toward a renewal, setting series highs in viewership and key demos with Sunday’s season finale.
More than 1.2 million total viewers tuned in to see all four finalists go home with roles on Fox’s Glee, according to Nielsen Media Research.
The episode, where Damian McGinty and Samuel Larsen won seven-episode guest arcs on Glee and runners-up Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell each earned two-episode stints, became Oxygen’s most-watched freshman season finale ever among total viewers.
Since its sluggish June 12 premiere opposite the Tony Awards, where it drew a mere 455,000 total viewers, the series is up 172 percent in total viewers and 174 percent in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
Glee Project executive producer Michael Davies said earlier this month that he’s “confident” the reality series will get a second-season pickup.
In the meantime, Oxygen already seems to have opened the door in its search for contestants for a possible second season of The Glee Project.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR