TV Ratings: 'Good Morning America' Scores First Halloween Win Ever
UPDATED: The heated daytime battle for most viewed costumes is won by the dominant ABC show, ending "Today's" streak.
It turns out Matt Lauer in a bikini is not a huge draw for viewers.
Halloween, long a battle for costume as well as ratings supremacy between the morning shows, saw a win for Good Morning America. And though a ratings win for GMA over Today isn't a surprise given the ABC show's year-plus dominance, it is a first for the highly competitive holiday.
GMA notched its first-ever Halloween win in total viewers and its first in the key news demo since 1991. Fast Affiliate data gives the show 5.412 million viewers, 713,000 more than Today (4.699 million).
The race was closer among adults 25-54, with GMA's 2.202 million viewers topping Today's 2.056 million.
Halloween continues to be a huge event for the morning shows. Multiple costume changes yesterday included GMA's Robin Roberts taking on Scandal's Olivia Pope and, perhaps most bizarrely, Lauer dressing as a Baywatch era Pamela Anderson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR