TV Ratings: 'Grimm,' 'Chuck' Perform Lower
Without baseball to contend with, several programs rise on Friday.
There was no baseball to hamper ratings, so how did Grimm, Fringe -- back after getting pushed one week -- and the rest of the Friday lineup do?
For Chuck (3.1 million total viewers, 0.8 rating in adults 18-49 demographic) and Grimm (5.9 million, 1.8), both series performed lower in their second weeks. Significant to note, Chuck tied the CW's Nikita in the demo at 8 p.m.
Because Grimm was an unexpected bright spot on crowded night in its premiere week, the dip (down three tenths) didn't affect its ability to win against the competition at 9 p.m. The fairy tale procedural still was the top-rated program, topping the likes of CSI: NY and Fringe.
Fringe (3.3 million, 1.3) rose slightly from its last original airing. Remember, the episode that aired last night was scheduled for the previous week, but when the St. Louis Cardinals forced a decisive Game 7, Fox was forced to push Fringe one week. Kitchen Nightmares (3.7 million, 1.5) improved a tad.
CBS returned to its regularly scheduled programming after deciding to air repeats last week at the last second. A Gifted Man (8.4 million, 1.2) remained in its comfort zone, but CSI: NY (9.6 million, 1.6) failed to rebound from its last original. Blue Bloods (12.6 million, 2.1), however, saw a healthy boost and was Friday's highest-rated program overall. Additionally, the older-skewing drama posted its highest audience to date behind its series premiere last September.
The CW's Nikita (1.8 million, 0.8) grew, while Supernatural (1.7 million, 0.7) held steady. ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (5.2 million, 1.3) grew two tenths in the demo and 20/20 (4.9 million, 1.1) dipped.
CBS took home the ratings victory, averaging a 1.6 in primetime. Fox (1.4) and NBC (1.3) followed, with ABC (1.2) and the CW (0.7) trailing.
CBS -- 1.6
· A Gifted Man: 8.4 million, 1.2
· CSI: NY: 9.6 million, 1.6
· Blue Bloods: 12.6 million, 2.1
Fox -- 1.4
· Kitchen Nightmares: 3.7 million, 1.5
· Fringe: 3.3 million, 1.3
NBC -- 1.3
· Chuck: 3.1 million, 0.8
· Grimm: 5.9 million, 1.8
· Dateline: 4.1 million, 1.2
ABC -- 1.2
· Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: 5.2 million, 1.3
· 20/20: 4.9 million, 1.1
The CW -- 0.7
· Nikita: 1.8 million, 0.8
· Supernatural: 1.7 million, 0.7
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR