TV Ratings: 'How I Met Your Mother' Hits Season High With 200th, 'The Following' Dips
The entire CBS lineup grows double digits, "The Bachelor" and "The Blacklist" also improve, and Fox's sophomore drama takes a hit in its time slot debut.
CBS reclaimed a Monday victory last night thanks in large part to a surging How I Met Your Mother. The comedy, entering the home stretch of its ninth and final season, topped all other broadcast series for the night with an average 3.8 rating among adults 18-49 for its 200th episode. The season high marked a seven-tenths improvement from last week and its best demo showing since March 2013.
STORY: 'How I Met Your Mother' Turns 200
2 Broke Girls (3.0 adults) rose three-tenths of a point with its lifted lead-in, and Mike & Molly (2.6 adults) jumped seven-tenths of a point. Mom (2.4 adults) improved by half a point and Intelligence (1.5 adults) posted its best Monday outing to date, up four-tenths of a point. CBS topped the night in both measures with an average 2.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.1 million viewers.
Improving two-tenths of a point from last week, The Bachelor (2.5 adults) helped ABC score second-place status for the night. The network, which also aired a Castle repeat, averaged a 2.1 rating in the key demo and 8 million viewers.
Two new outings of Hollywood Game Night brought a 1.5 and a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49. The 8 p.m. airing was up two-tenths of a point from last week, while the 9 p.m. episode was down by the same measure. The Blacklist (2.5 adults) improved two-tenths of a point from last week's score, giving NBC a nightly average of a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers.
With an encore lead-in, The Following took a big hit in its time slot return. The sophomore Fox drama was at a series low 2.0 rating among adults 18-49, less than half the score of its football-boosted return last week. That's also down from the series premiere last year that averaged a 3.2 in the demo. Fox took a 1.6 adults rating and 4.99 million viewers for the night.
Both Hart of Dixie (0.4 adults) and Beauty and the Beast (0.3 adults) were steady with last week's CW showings, giving the net an average 0.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 1 million viewers for the night.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws