TV Ratings: 'Intelligence' Samples Well, 'Killer Women' Doesn't Slay Viewers
Midseason's new dramas are a mixed bag, while returning series mostly hold steady -- though "New Girl" hits a new low.
CBS scored an easy win on Tuesday night with its original block of dramas -- including the season's most-watched new series premiere.
After a steady NCIS (2.9 rating with adults 18-49), Intelligence made its midseason debut with a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 16.6 million viewers. That gives the series the distinction of being the biggest launch of the 2013-14 season (in total viewers) ahead of its move to Mondays next week. Person of Interest (2.0 adults), like NCIS, was also even with its last new outing. CBS took a 2.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 16.5 million viewers for the night.
A Voice-less Tuesday saw The Biggest Loser (1.7 adults) expand to two hours, coming in three-tenths of a point shy of its last broadcast in December. Chicago Fire (1.9 adults) was also off three-tenths of a point with the new lead-in, though NBC still took second place with an average 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.9 million viewers.
Agents of SHIELD (2.1 adults) returned from its break steady with its last original. Comedy The Goldbergs (1.7 adults) moved up a tenth of a point, while Trophy Wife (1.2 adults) also held even. At 10 p.m., the launch of new drama Killer Women (0.9 adults) proved to be a nonstarter. Its initial ratings aren't as bad as last week's Thursday entry, The Assets, but it failed even to match the time slot's brief fall occupant, Lucky 7 (1.3 adults). ABC averaged a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.99 million viewers over the course of the three-hour block.
On Fox, Dads (1.5 adults) returned up a tenth of a point, while Brooklyn Nine-Nine (1.5 adults) dropped by the same measure. New Girl (1.6 adults), returning from well over a month off the air, dropped three-tenths of a point for a series low. The Mindy Project (1.3 adults) was up a tenth of a point from its last showing, giving Fox a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.2 million viewers for the night.
The CW aired repeats to the tune of a 0.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.1 million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'