TV Ratings: Jay Leno Audience Grows Amid Controversy, Fallon Dips After Timberlake Stint
The "Tonight Show" host, slinging barbs at NBC, sees his viewership and demo haul grow a touch during talk of his likely exit.
The war on Jay Leno appears to be helping The Tonight Show's ratings so far.
Leno's Tonight Show hit a four-week high in the 18-49 demo and a seven-week high in total viewers. The show, featuring segments with the host aiming jokes at his network, was up week to week by 6 percent in 18-49 viewers (982,000 vs. 930,000) and up 5 percent in total viewers (3.522 million vs. 3.359 million).
Meanwhile, the apparent heir to the Tonight Show throne saw a slight ratings dip for his current show.
Jimmy Fallon's Late Night was down slightly this week after being boosted by appearances by Justin Timberlake the week prior. Week to week, Fallon was down slightly by 5 percent in 18-49 viewers (616,000 vs. 650,000) and 6 percent in total viewers (1.602 million vs. 1.701 million).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR