TV Ratings: Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake Set 'SNL' DVR Record
The NBC series' Dec. 21 episode climbs 50 percent in time-shifting for the biggest 18-49 increase to date.
The draw of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake's recent Saturday Night Live visit extended well beyond the Dec. 21 telecast on NBC.
After hitting a two-year high with a 3.7 rating among adults 18-49, the series has since grown 50 percent with DVR views -- making it the most time-shifted episode in SNL history. Final live-plus-7 returns for the episode give it a 5.55 rating among adults 18-49, a boost of 1.83 points.
The cumulative rating now makes it SNL's highest-rated showing since an NFL-boosted episode in January 2011. And ignoring all NFL lead-ins, it marks the show's biggest outing since Betty White hosted with a slew of former female castmembers -- Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph and Molly Shannon -- back in 2010.
Among total viewers, SNL climbed from 9.44 million to 13.12 million.
Timberlake's appearances on SNL have typically brought lifted ratings, but the interest also bodes well for Fallon. The Late Night host makes the transition to The Tonight Show in February.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!