TV Ratings: Jimmy Fallon's Second 'Tonight' Hits 13-Year High for a Tuesday
Averaging 7.4 million viewers in its second midnight sampling, the NBC show brings in its biggest Tuesday show since 2000.
Though there was the inevitable drop-off from his big Tonight premiere, Jimmy Fallon's second night as host proved a big one for NBC.
Fast Official returns give Tonight 7.366 million viewers, its most-watched Tuesday broadcast since 2000. Tonight continued to ride the wave of a strong Winter Olympics lead-in, though Tuesday's proved much smaller than Monday's.
Airing at midnight again, Tonight averaged a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 -- more than double the combined scores of The Late Show With David Letterman (0.6 adults) and Jimmy Kimmel Live! (0.5 adults). In the key demo, Tonight posted its best Tuesday ratings since 2005.
11. 3 million viewers tuned in to Fallon's first Tonight on Monday. The show also averaged a 3.8 rating among adults 18-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)