TV Ratings: Kanye West Appearance Drives 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to 11:35 Best
The rapper stops by to discuss the duo's short-lived feud, propelling the host to highs in his relatively new time slot.
Jimmy Kimmel might want to offend more celebrities.
The ABC late-night host, who incurred the Twitter wrath of Kanye West just two weeks ago after mocking an interview hew gave to BBC Radio 1, welcomed the rapper to Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Wednesday night -- and the broadcast gave him new ratings highs.
Posting his highest early returns since moving to the 11:35 p.m. slot earlier this year, Kimmel averaged a dominant 1.2 rating with adults 18-49 according to markets with Local People Meters -- besting NBC's The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (0.7 adults) by 71 percent and CBS' The Late Show With David Letterman (0.5 adults) by 140 percent.
Kimmel's highs exclude the boosts he received in June from his NBA Finals lead-in, but Kanye's sit-down also gave the episode wins in all 10 of the top U.S. TV Markets -- including New York, where Live! averaged a 1.6 rating in the demo.
Among households, Kimmel still placed second to perennial winner Jay Leno. All three hosts were relatively evenly matched, with Leno's 2.6 rating topping Kimmel's 2.5 and Letterman's 2.4.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)