TV Ratings: Keith Olbermann's ESPN Debut Does OK
The Monday premiere of ESPN2's daily "Olbermann" show is on par with the cable network's past performances.
Keith Olbermann made his ESPN2 debut and ratings were par for the course.
The premiere of his daily Olbermann show delivered 319,000 viewers Monday at 11 p.m., a slight boost from what the time period averaged in August of last year when it drew roughly 239,000 viewers.
In the men 18-49 and men 25-54 demographics, Olbermann was steady, notching a 0.2 rating in both measures. Among adults 18-49 and 25-54, the one-hour premiere was on par with a 0.1 rating.
Olbermann, which shoots from Times Square Studio in New York City, focuses on relevant sports topics with a mixture of perspective and commentary, interviews, panel discussions and highlights -- and, potentially, politics.
In July, Olbermann finalized a two-year deal to return to the network where he rose to stardom as co-anchor alongside Dan Patrick on ESPN's signature franchise SportsCenter. After parting ways with ESPN in 1997 on less than amicable terms, Olbermann moved to MSNBC -- where he provided political commentary -- followed by a brief stint at Current TV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)