TV Ratings: Kennedy Center Honors Rise Against Wednesday Repeats
The capital's annual performing arts fete is up 27 percent from last December's broadcast, leaving CBS outmatched by only Univision in the key demo.
CBS led in adults 18-49 (1.5 rating) and total viewers (8.3 million) on Wednesday night, thanks to a strong encore of Criminal Minds (1.7 adults) and the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors. The kudos, taped earlier in the month, were up 27 percent from 2011's Tuesday broadcast during the holiday week and averaged a 1.4 adults rating over the two-hour broadcast.
A block of encores (Whitney, Guys With Kids, Law & Order, Chicago Fire) brought in a 1.1 adults rating and 4.3 million viewers for NBC. Repeat competition on ABC (The Middle, Neighbors, Modern Family, Suburgatory, Nashville) pulled a 1.0 adults rating and 3.9 million viewers.
Fox's block of Ben and Kate repeats averaged a 0.7 adults rating and 1.5 million viewers, while the CW's broadcast of the movie Noel averaged a 0.4 in the demo and 1.57 million viewers.
Continuing its typically strong holiday-week performance, Univision outmatched all of the broadcast networks with a 1.7 adults rating on Wednesday night. It also pulled in 4.2 million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!