TV Ratings: Kentucky Derby Matches 21-Year High
Overnight returns for the NBC Sports telecast are up 16 percent from 2012.
NBC Sports' telecast of the Kentucky Derby saw year-over-year growth in ratings.
Nielson overnight figures shared by the network showed the race garnering a 10.4 rating and 23 share, up 16 percent from last year. In addition, pre-race coverage was up 15 percent from 2012.
The combined overnight rating and share equaled the 2010 race telecast, NBC noted. The race saw the highest overnight rating since ABC's 1992 broadcast garnered a 10.9 rating and 29 share when horse Lil E Tee won in 1992.
NBC Sports' coverage of the race on Saturday started at 4:30 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR