TV Ratings: Lifetime's Rob Lowe-Kaley Cuoco 'Drew Peterson' Pic Bows Huge
"Untouchable" becomes cable's most-watched original movie among total viewers in two years.
With nearly 6 million tuning in for its Saturday premiere, Lifetime's Drew Peterson: Untouchable became cable's most-watched original movie in total viewers in two years since the cabler's The Pregnancy Pact in 2010.
Starring Rob Lowe and Kaley Cuoco, the telefilm based on a true story about police offer Peterson's (Lowe) fall from grace after the disappearance of his fourth wife (Cuoco), the 5.8 million total viewers also marks a 241 percent increase compared with the female-skewing cable network's original movie premiere average last year.
In addition, the bow stands as Lifetime's best numbers for an original movie opener in the adults 18-49, 25-54, women 25-54 as well as women 18-49 demographics in a year, since the Jan. 3, 2011, debut of The Craigslist Killer.
“This is an amazing way to start the year and is a direct result of our aggressive strategy to green light quality programming that showcases such A-List talent as Rob Lowe and Kaley Cuoco giving captivating performances,” Lifetime Networks president and GM Nancy Dubuc said in a statement announcing the news Monday.
Lifetime will air an encore of the telefilm Monday at 8 p.m. and Saturday at 6 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game