TV Ratings: Lifetime's 'Devious Maids' Continues to Gain Momentum
The Marc Cherry soap nears 3 million viewers on Sunday night, nearing a season high and further distancing itself from its modest June debut.
What a difference a month makes. Sunday's episode of Devious Maids continued its growing trend on Lifetime, taking in a total of 2.9 million viewers in its inaugural broadcast.
Not only does that mark a new series high for the freshman drama, it's a 45 percent increase from the comparably lackluster series launch on June 23. Devious Maids has continued to improve throughout July -- not just in total viewers but across the network's targeted demographics.
Growing a whopping 69 percent since the launch, Devious Maids took in 1.4 million adults 18-49. The series grew the most among women in that age range, 74 percent, with a total of 1.1 million.
From Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, the series stars Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramírez, Roselyn Sánchez, Edy Ganem and Judy Reyes. It has not yet secured a green light for a second-season renewal, but the writing is on the wall. Network brass spoke highly of its ratings growth during last week's Television Critics Association summer press tour.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR