TV Ratings: Lifetime's 'Devious Maids' Hits Highs in Finale
Records were handed out right and left across cable Sunday night, and the freshman soap was no exception -- ending its first season a strong note.
As if Sunday night wasn't crowded enough, Lifetime also aired the season finale of Devious Maids -- and faced with big competition (Sunday Night Football, the Emmys, Breaking Bad, the Dexter series finale), the soap still managed to hit record highs.
The recently renewed drama took in 3 million viewers during its 10 p.m. debut, a 50 percent jump from its modest June premiere. Devious Maids, which comes to the cable network from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, proved a consistent grower throughout the first season.
The finale also saw bests in all of the key demographics. The biggest growth, compared to the premiere, came with adults 18-49 (up 69 percent to 1.4 million) and women 18-49 (up 90 percent to 1.2 million).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)