TV Ratings: Lindsay Lohan Lifts 'Chelsea Lately'
The actress pinch hits for Handler, bringing in the E! series' biggest audience of the year.
Ahead of the inevitable boost for Oprah Winfrey, one of the first stops on Lindsay Lohan's post-rehab publicity tour for The Canyons has already reaped some ratings rewards. The actress' appearance on Monday's Chelsea Lately brought the E! series its best ratings of the year.
The most-watched episode since October 2012, the Chelsea Handler talker delivered 890,000 total viewers. That's up 42 percent from the show's year-to-date average.
Among the desirable adults 18-49, Chelsea Lately hit a near high with 578,000 viewers in the key demographic -- a 48 percent boost from the year-to-date average.
Handler, sadly, didn't even get to enjoy the increased exposure. Lohan was pinch hitting for the host, poking fun at herself -- as well as One Direction's Harry Styles, Justin Bieber and Kristen Stewart -- and interviewing Orphan Black actor Dylan Bruce.
Lohan's next stop will be a bit more serious. The actress has already taped a sit down with Winfrey for OWN flagship Oprah's Next Chapter. It doesn't air until Aug. 18, but the cable network is already plugging it with teasing ads in which the talk icon asks the embattled star about drug addiction and her status as a cautionary tale for child stars.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'