TV Ratings: London Games Continue to Outpace Beijing, '3' Premieres Low
Fast affiliate numbers give NBC's Sunday coverage, including Jordyn Wieber's tearful ouster from the all-around, growth in the demo and viewers over 2008.
NBC's coverage of the 2012 London Games continue to be stronger than the most recent summer games. Sunday night's delayed broadcasts of women's gymnastics, men's relay swimming and more brought in 35 million viewers and a 11.4 rating among adults 18-49, according to fast affiliate ratings. That's up two percent from the comparable broadcast from Beijing in 2008.
The contest for a distant second went to Fox. With encores of its animation block, the network averaged a 1.2 adults rating and 2.5 million viewers.
Univision and CBS split third place in the demo, averaging a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49. CBS had a 60 Minutes encore (0.8 adults rating), a slightly lower Big Brother (1.8 adults rating) from last Sunday and a very soft official debut for reality series 3. The episode was down nearly 40 percent from Thursday's preview special, posting a 0.5 rating among 18-49-ers.
Repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos, Secret Millionaire and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition for a 0.6 adults rating and 2.4 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR