TV Ratings: 'MasterChef' Moves Up on Monday
After two weeks of "American Ninja Warrior" taking the top slot, Fox's cooking competition rises to the occasion.
With several weeks of banner broadcast net sports coverage now over, the summer schedule is left to stand on its own. And Monday brought a demo win for Fox — thanks to MasterChef rising to give the night's top showing with a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49. With a steady episode of 24: Live Another Day (1.5 adults), the network pulled an average 1.6 rating in the key demo.
PHOTOS Summer TV Preview
Other reality shows faced dips over the course of the night. The Bachelorette (1.6 adults) fell two-tenths of a point on ABC ahead of an even Mistresses (0.9 adults). And on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (1.6 adults) lost its Monday crown by falling three-tenths of a point.
CBS had just one original in 48 Hours (0.8 adults), while The CW had steady outings for Whose Line Is It Anyway? (0.5 adults) and Beauty and the Beast (0.3 adults).
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)