TV Ratings: May Sweep Sees More Lows, 'Family Tools' Gets Soft Start
The midseason ABC comedy disappoints, while "American Idol," "CSI," "Criminal Minds" and "Survivor" all drop to lows.
Fast National returns have American Idol dropping half of a point from last week's Wednesday showing. The two-hour performance show was at an all-time Wednesday low of a 2.8 rating among the key adults 18-to-49 demographic and 11.1 million viewers.
Dips continued on CBS, where all three of its nightly offerings were down for series lows. Survivor (2.3 rating in 18-to-49), Criminal Minds (2.3) and CSI (1.8) were all down six tenths of a point from their most recent originals. The network averaged a 2.2 rating in 18-to-49 and 9.4 million viewers.
An even episode of The Middle (2.0) led into the premiere of Family Tools (1.5). It marks the lowest-rated comedy debut ever for ABC, falling two tenths of a point south of the most recent time-slot offering of Suburgatory. Modern Family (3.5 ) was off three tenths of a point from its most recent original, and How to Live With Your Parents (2.2) jumped seven tenths with the return of its lead-in. Nashville (1.7) lost only a tenth of a point from its most recent original, tying NBC's Chicago Fire. ABC averaged a 2.1 and 6.6 million viewers.
The Voice (1.6) had a special clip show leading into a softer Law & Order: SVU (1.5). The drama was down four tenths of a point, while Chicago Fire (1.7) rose by a tenth of a point. NBC averaged a 1.6 rating and 5.9 million viewers.
Arrow (0.9) and Supernatural (0.9) were both down by a tenth of a point on The CW, giving the network an average 0.9 rating in the demo and 2.5 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.4 rating and 3.4 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed