TV Ratings: Miss USA Pageant Drops, NBA Finals Continue to Lead
UPDATED: ABC scores another win with the Spurs and the Heat, while NBC's annual coverage of the Donald Trump-owned beauty competition falls 28 percent.
Continued coverage of the NBA Finals gave ABC another win on Sunday night. Fast National ratings give Game 5 a preliminary 5.6 rating among adults 18-49. Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (1.9 adults) and NBA Countdown (2.5 adults) will also see adjustments when final numbers come in later on Monday.
NBC averaged a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.3 million viewers. The network started the night with a strong boost from the last half-hour of the US Open (2.1 adults), leading into a dipping Miss USA competition (1.3 adults). The pageant, owned by Donald Trump, was down 28 percent (half of a point) from last year.
Encores fetched Fox a 0.9 rating with adults 18-49 and 2 million viewers.
60 Minutes (0.9 adults) hit a season low on CBS, falling three-tenths of a point from last week. The network averaged a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.2 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 1.9 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR