TV Ratings: MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Hits Highs With Season 3 Premiere
The supernatural drama, returning without the previous crutch of a MTV Movie Awards lead-in, scores its most-watched episode to date.
Teen Wolf kicked off third season on a high note. The MTV drama returned Monday night with its highest-rated and most-watched broadcast to date.
The one-hour premiere averaged a 2.3 rating among the network's targeted persons 12-34, an improvement of 15 percent from last year's premiere. The series was also up in viewers, averaging a record 2.4 million.
Teen Wolf's growth is most impressive considering its lack of a noteworthy lead-in. Last night's episode aired after an encore of the previous season's finale. The first two seasons opened immediately after the MTV Movie Awards, one of the network's highest-rated telecasts of the year.
The younger-skewing series also topped all of TV among teens on Monday. It averaged a 4.1 rating in the demo, another series high.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting